There are less than 12 hours left to earn your entries before our sixth weekly draw for $50 worth of Aguila ammunition and your choice of t-shirt from the Calibre web store. The winner of this draw will also be entered into another draw (held on March 21st) to win Calibre’s cherry red Derya MK10 shotgun. Each weekly winner has a one-in-seven chance of taking home this sweet prize.
So, with less than 12 hours left to enter, we encourage you to get your name in the draw, because the odds are good! As a reminder you get two entries for posting a firearm, optic or firearm accessory for sale on our classifieds and one entry for responding to a listing. You can earn a maximum of three entries each week.
The next deadline is Sunday, March 13th at 6 pm PST!
Below are the step by step instructions and full contest rules:
There are two ways to enter, with a maximum of three entries per individual per week.
Step 1: Head on over to our classified listings.
Step 2: Post a firearm, optic, firearm accessory or ammunition listing for sale. That’ll get you two entries.
Step 3: Find something you want to buy, and respond to the ad. That’ll get you one more entry.
Step 4: Do the above by 6 pm PST every Sunday, when we will draw our weekly winner.
Wait until March 21st at noon, when we’ll draw our grand prize winner!
Seriously. That’s it. No entry forms. No complicated registration process. No asking permission to look at classified ads. The winner will be contacted via the email address used to list and respond to ads, and the winning individual’s ads and responses will be verified as legitimate, while any individuals found trying to abuse the system through multiple email addresses will be removed form the contest and barred from further entry. Full contest rules follow below.
As always, we strongly encourage all of our classified users to confirm buyer and seller identities with the Firearms Program to prevent fraud and illegal trafficking in firearms.
Calibre’s Classifieds Draw (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
- THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 6 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 31, 2016 and concludes at 9:00 a.m. PT on March 21, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY The Contest is open to residents of Canada (except residents of Quebec) who, at the start of the Contest Period, are eighteen (18) years of age or older, and have a valid firearms possession and acquisition license (PAL or RPAL). Employees, directors and officers of Calibre Publishing, any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Post or respond to an advertisement on classifieds.calibremag.ca (The Classifieds). Entries will be logged by The Classified’s transitory email servers. Emails registered during the posting of a new ad will qualify for two content entries. Emails registered as responses to ads will qualify for a single entry. The maximum number of entries per individual is three per week. Individuals found to have used multiple email addresses to qualify for additional entries over and above the maximum of three allowable will be disqualified. Any entries to be found fraudulent through either duplicate email addresses being used to enter, fraudulent ad postings, fraudulent or disingenuous replies to existing ads, or other such fraudulent or disingenuous entries will be disqualified. All entries subject to review and approval by Calibre Publishing.
- WINNER SELECTION Every Sunday at 6 pm PST during the contest entry period, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selection from the entries. The Weekly Winner will receive a $50 gift certificate for Aguila ammunition, and one t-shirt of their choosing from the available stock on Calibre Publishing’s web store. On March 21, 2016, at 12:00 p.m. PT, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from the Weekly Winners as the potential winner of the Grand Prize, as described below. The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by a representative of one of the Contest Sponsors within fourteen (14) business days of the draw by email. The potential Grand Prize winner found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Grand Prize or who is unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within fourteen (14) business days of the draw may be required to forfeit his/her Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- PRIZES AND PRIZE VALUES There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) Derya MK10 shotgun valued at approximately $1000. There are seven (7) Weekly prizes to be won, The Weekly Prize consists of one (1) $50 gift certificate for Aguila ammunition provided by O’Dell Engineering Limited valued at $50, and one (1) t-shirt selected by the winner from the available designs and inventory on Calibre Publishing’s webstore valued at approximately $25 to $29.
- DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING THE GRAND PRIZE Following confirmation as the Grand Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, the selected entrant will be given instructions and a deadline as to how he/she must claim his/her Grand Prize. The potential Grand Prize winner who fails either to claim his/her Grand Prize, or to inform the Contest Sponsors his/her inability to claim his/her Grand Prize before the deadline, as instructed, may be required to forfeit his/her Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS The grand prize winner must have a valid firearm license (PAL) at the time of the grand prize draw, and must not be under any criminal firearm prohibition orders. The contest is not open to residents of Quebec.
- ODDS OF WINNING Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. The Grand Prize winner understands and acknowledges that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should the Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Grand Prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER Before being awarded the Grand Prize, the selected entrant must: (a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question, and (b) the selected entrant must sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Forms”) confirming that by entering the Contest: Ø he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules; Ø that he or she understands that acceptance of the Grand Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death; Ø that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Grand Prize; and Ø that he or she releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless he Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, the prize providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, licensors and agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize, or in connection with participation in this Contest or a Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Grand Prize, whether suffered by the Grand Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees. 5 Release Forms will be emailed to the potential Grand Prize winner at the email address provided at the time of qualifying. The Grand Prize will only be awarded upon (a) verification of the answer to the skill-testing question and (b) return of the fully executed Release Forms to the email or fax number provided to the Grand Prize winner. Failure to return a signed Release Form as instructed by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for obtaining and returning signed copies of Release Forms from his/her guest, if applicable.
- GRAND PRIZE SUBSTITUTION The Grand Prize and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the Grand Prize, or prize portion, with a Grand Prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Should the Grand Prize winner be unable to claim his/her Grand Prize or prize portion as awarded, his/her rights to the Grand Prize or prize portions may be forfeited, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- TERMINATION/MODIFICATION Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors. The Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the Grand Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorists acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, performers’ illness, injury or death, or any other cause beyond the Releasees’ sole control.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES Subject to the terms contained in Section 15 below, all entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause. 6
- PUBLICITY By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsors to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Grand Prize winner as deemed necessary by Calibre Publishing. No correspondence will take place between the Contest Sponsors and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Grand Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Grand Prize.
- TAMPERING If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Grand Prize. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest, future contests of the Contest Sponsors and/or winning a prize(s) if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unlawful or unfair playing practices relating to the Contest (including but not limited to the use of automated quick entry programs), prize(s), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of the Grand Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest related or Grand Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE These Contest Rules are available online at the Website.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES All entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.